View Single Post
Old Dec 27th, 2019, 20:15   #7
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben W View Post
Hi Dave ,

Thank you very much for all of this info, looking forward to working through it all tomorrow 😎👍

I didn't see a sensor on the bellhousing, but I definately do have a Hall sensor - should I have a crank sensor too?

Many thanks,

Ben

P.S - probably should have consulted you guys first, i'm about 100 quid into parts allready lol
You shouldn't have a CPS (Crank Position Sensor) on the bellhousing if you have the HE sensor in the dizzy Ben - i was just asking for confirmation in case someone had done a "mix'n'match" in the past.

Also worth investing in a tube of heatsink paste, remove the ignition amplifier module from its heatsink on the inner wing just behind the left hand headlamp usually, clean the mating surfaces with a solvent and lint free cloth (nothing abrasive) and apply some fesh heatsink compound.
As you refit the module, give it a wiggle to spread the compound evenly and then tighten the scews evenly.
Trace the earth wire from the plug on it to where it goes into the body further along, remove and clean this as you would do for the other battery connectors already described.

This bit for the ignition amp module is more preventive maintenance than a fix, it appears to be working, these two things are just to make sure it keeps working!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: