View Single Post
Old Aug 30th, 2017, 06:33   #3
luggsey
The truth is out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul86 View Post
Hi

I am planning on changing the Bevel Gear, AOC, and Rear Final Drive oils on my 08 xc90. As far as I can find on VIDA the only detailed information I can find about checking the level is for the AOC, under (remove, replace, install section 4.46 active on demand coupling fluid level check) this states to remove 40Ml of fluid at the end. However for the other two the only referrals I can find are part of the install procedure and says to check the levels, it does not mention how to check the level, or as documented on the internet that a set quantity of fluid should be removed after filling.

Does anyone know where I can find the level checks on VIDA for the Bevel Gear and Rear Final Drive? As I do not want to be removing fluid on someone else's say so.
The fill plug on my 06 xc70 is on the top nearside housing that joins the haldex to the diff.
If you can remove the filter easily on the haldex you should change that and clean the gauze on the motor.
I haven't done either yet as it requires dropping the exhaust and prop to get to the filter on a xc70 like mine.

It's a dogs life!

XC70 D5 2006 244K Still chugging!
CRV 2.2 2006 216K Reactivated.
luggsey is offline   Reply With Quote