View Single Post
Old Aug 31st, 2017, 07:19   #7
Paul86

I also agree that the oils should be changed and that Volvo is probably being lazy / wanting it to break so they have to replace it.

As for getting the pump off there is a guy on youtube who has managed to do it on a volvo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZNC06Z7imQ&t=1093s

I intend on doing it this way to get as much oil out as possible, but I need to have a look to see if I can get to the filter and pump on my xc90 with out removing the shaft and exhaust, it will be a job for over the next few months as I need to replace the windscreen, front engine mount (this weekend), and potentially an injector which has a high Fuel correction rate at twice the recommended limit. I have not looked at the return rate yet, but it did have a miss fire fault code on that cylinder the other day but it has not come back, it just runs a little rough at idle especially on cold startup.

The joys of trying to maintain a car, anyway thanks for your help guys I shall be adding this to my service schedule every few years.
Paul86 is offline   Reply With Quote