View Single Post
Old Mar 16th, 2024, 00:31   #12
XC90KidNI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquez93 View Post
Armed with further information provided here I contacted the Volvo garage who serviced the car in Scotland (8 services last one was 2 years ago) and they advised me that the TCM update was never applied. So apparently any updates are applied automatically when the car is in for a service. Maybe in this case there was no mention of any gearbox issues and the update wasn't carried out, who knows...?

The update is 30677036. On ringing agnews who had previously stated no update is available has quoted me £40 to buy the update and £240 to apply it. Then (the best bit) the technician has now advised me that this won't cure the jolt/jerk when I select D..... So there's that. £280 + vat for nothing apparently. I'll just live with the jolt.

I have found Agnews Volvo to not particularly give a ****. We have considered changing our Audi to the V90 but I have to say Agnews attitude is poor to say the least and I'd be taking my business elsewhere to another marque.
Agree - Agnews have proven pretty useless for any queries I’ve had for them. Just out of interest, did you ever find someone in NI to service the gearbox?

Thanks
XC90KidNI is offline   Reply With Quote