View Single Post
Old Sep 15th, 2017, 20:53   #17
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellwalker View Post
I did try it with the Rohan (outdoor clothes) designer who was visiting Durham last year. They showed interest, then left everything as it is.
Somewhere around 25 years ago the then chief designer could not understand why I was complaining about a pair of trousers they had advertised with a pocket to hold an Ordnance Survey map. An OS map is approximately 24cm long as sold; the pocket was at most 18cm long. "It fits if you fold the map in half", said the designer!
The problem with Rohan is that they have long ceased to be the company which was founded by Paul and Sarah Howcroft in the 1970's. I had a some early windproof tops and trousers. Unbeatable. Now the company has been sold on and seems to spend half the year selling off 'last season's' stock at gradually increasing discounts before each sale period ends. The designs have been 'copied' and there is nothing special in their range.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote