View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2009, 19:06   #8
agent_strangelove
Pastry Engineer

Well I think you have some of this figured out now...

I looked at my car this morning. There are two wires tapped off under my dash that are labled 'tach'. One is black (and is clearly part of the grounding on the car bu there is another black wire hooked to a mounting stud on the tach, so I'm sure the body of the tach is grounded) and the other is a black wire with a brown strip. The black brown one must be from the black box in the nose of the car.

At present, I have tach in there that has the small plastic block and white wire wrapped around it twice. This white runs from the spade clip (or small stud) on the side of your dizzy, up to the back of the tach, around the block twice and back down one of the studs on the coil. There is also a green wire in that supplimentry harness. The green wire is how your tach gets power. Thus mine is run from the protected side (fused) of the fuse box, to the spade connection on the back of the tach...

Attached are a few photos of the supplimentry harness with a tach and a couple of close ups of what is going on. The last one has a red wire for the dizzy/coil connection but you can see the block better.

If you need the block or the whole supplimentry harness, let me know.. Hope this all helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2817.jpg (51.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2819.jpg (45.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0629.jpg (43.8 KB, 13 views)
agent_strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote