View Single Post
Old Oct 14th, 2020, 12:59   #3
big yinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgl2020 View Post
Thought one of the engine mounts on my C30 D5 may have been worn (front right on the top of the engine).

On removal it seemed Ok however trying to get it back on was significantly more difficult than I expected.

The engine needed physically pulling forward an inch or so before the bolts would line up.

I had the engine supported with a trolley Jack and with a bit of trial and error and some brute force was able to get everything back together.

Have I missed something that should be done to get things to line up better or is this a case of they always do that?

Cheers, Will.
The engines on our cars are usually supported in 3 places. One mount on the gearbox side to the chassis (under the battery tray) and one on the opposite side (rearwards from the coolant tank). There is usually (but not always) a third mount on the back of the greabox lower down.

Its perfectly normal for the engine and greabox assembly to move slightly when undoing an existing mount and for it to require a bit of jiggery pokery to get it back into place afterwards. I wouldn't be massively concerned, as long as it goes back into the same place as before you should be fine.
big yinn is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to big yinn For This Useful Post: