View Single Post
Old Mar 5th, 2020, 16:31   #175
moosehead74

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by assettt View Post
My car was serviced in February and all was fine until over the weekend in London stop start traffic the message popped up of engine system service required. When I checked the oil level it was indicating well past the Max level. I will be taking the car to the mechanic on Friday but just wondering the potential engine damage if I continue using the car until Friday. Car at the moment serves fine.
I had exactly the same thing happen with my 2017 XC60 a year ago. A few weeks after the service the same message 'engine system service required' came up and when I checked the oil level on the dash it was well into the MAX. I was away from home at the time so called out Volvo. The guy checked the level on the grey dipstick and confirmed it was OK and safe to drive. It subsequently went back to dealer who reset / recalibrated the sensors! It was then serviced last week. Before the service it was just on the MAX mark. After the service it was just on the MAX mark. A week later after hardly any miles it's now on the 3/4 mark. Very bizarre and it really does worry me that there's no proper dipstick.
moosehead74 is offline   Reply With Quote