View Single Post
Old Jun 1st, 2020, 10:11   #94
Foeux

In addition to the roof rack, I have elected to add to add leather seats. They have come from another 940 and are dark grey. They are in very good condition indeed. The main motivation behind wanting leather is being thoroughly disgusted by the filth that came from just the headrest covers. I will never buy a car with cloth interior again. I am by no means a cleanophile or germophobe but it was enlightening.

To clean the seats and condition them, I plopped them out in the sun and applied and buffed many coats of this Simoniz conditioner. At £7 a bottle, you can be liberal. I apply and work in with a paint brush and buff off with a lint free cloth. The results are buttery smooth, clean leather with no strong artificial cleanery smell.

I have installed 75% of the interior, more on that in a sec. The outgoing seats were full cloth, entirely manual adjstment both sides and heated, despite not working either side. The incoming ones are full leather, electronic adjustment on DS, heated both sides.

1) Removal of rear seat bases was easy.
2) removal of rear seat backs goes: R clips, seatbelt bolt for middle belt, release tension on horrible bear trap spring in back of larger rear seat back, pull smaller seat back towards ouside of car, slap beneath, rount peg pops out, pull more, it comes off of spur on larger back. Pull larger side outboard, lift pin out of housing, then slide long spur out. The back with the spring in is quite heavy.
3) Fitting is reverse of removal but reattaching the bear trap assistor spring is a total pig. Mole grips and mistakes is how I got there.
4) Front pass seat easy, 4x 14mm bolts, 16mm bolt for seatbelt anchor, T25 for little plastic covers and seat pocket trim. Pull back and slip it upwardsthen just carry it out.
5) make sure seat rails are aligned then pop new seat in. Connect up and hey presto...except....

The pass seat had just one 2 pin connector leading to it, the heated seat didnt work, the light in the switch didn't operate.

Now the new seat is in, the light on the switch illuminates despite there being a spare connector beneath the seat for what I think would be a relay for the heater, perhaps the green kind like I found beneath the new leather DS seat. As it is, there is just a 4 pin plug dangling beneath the pass seat.

The outgoing passenger seat had this pair of terminals on with only the 2 pin connected. Perhaps it too was missing a thermostat or relay?

The DS seat remains out of the car. It is heated as well as electrically adjusted. Beneath it are the green relay above, and 2 plugs. A 2 pin which I believe to be for the heater and a 4 pin which I believe is for the seat's brains.

I think to complete the job fully I will need a female 4 pin terminal from a car that had electric seats. The reason I think this is because there is there is a 4 pin female plug there but sadly there are only 2 pin receivers. The grey plug pictured below clearly needs 4 receivers in the female plug to work properly.

I will also need a green relay to make the pass seat work properly in terms of bum warming.

Happy to be set right on this. Please share your opinions.
Foeux is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Foeux For This Useful Post: