View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2021, 14:15   #17
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingmar View Post
Brilliant posts that encouraged me - a mechanical ignoramus - to have a go and to replace the crank sensor myself. Delighted to learn the cure proved long lasting, too. I used after market Cambiare VE363003.
It's actually a simple job when you think about it - remove one bolt, pull the old sensor out, unplug it, plug the new one in and push the new sensor (preferably with some silicone grease on its body NOT the tip) in and refit the bolt.

However, the daunting bit comes in firstly locating it, secondly getting the bonnet vertical (some people don't realise this can be done), having the reach of Guy the Gorilla and the dexterity of an 8 year old playing games on their/your phone.

Usually it's a straightforward job without problems but any problems and you start getting into some grotty realms!
The daunting bit far outweighs the simplicity of the exercise so well done for having a go and getting it done!

I find this is the perfect task to show someone new to spannering that no matter how daunting a job may seem, if you break it down into a series of simple operations (as i did above) that most jobs are in fact fairly simple and the daunting bit is getting into the mindset to attempt the job.

In short, have confidence in yourself and give it a go! If things start going pear-shaped, put a post on here as we're all here to help!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: