View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2018, 11:13   #7
Lexman8
Premier Member

I think 50 mpg on a long (motorway) trip is definitely possible, given the right conditions. The attached image is an extract from the driving journal (with a few additions) for my first car on a trip to Bearsden (near Glasgow) when it had only a few hundred miles on it. The journey up was via Northumberland and the Borders. Normal traffic both ways with no major holdups although an enforced 50mph for about 12 miles both there and back. Comfort mode, aircon on and PA2 use where appropriate. Being a new car I was probably varying the speed between 60 and 70 mph where I could. Now that this car has several thousand miles on it I think I would get even better consumption.

In summary, 47 mpg in 500 miles. The driving journal records fuel use to 1 decimal place so is probably reasonably accurate only on long trips.

I keep forgetting to save my trips so I haven't got any recent long journeys to show.
_
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fuel consumption (first car).jpg (63.9 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Lexman8; May 15th, 2018 at 13:30.
Lexman8 is offline   Reply With Quote