View Single Post
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 13:18   #61
v50inred

Addison Lee has around 2000 Ford Galaxy's with the powershift box and it is better in every way than the old autobox.

I worked for them for 5 months last year after I first retired and found the box excellent.

The only issue hat has shown up is Slight judder when pulling away with a little bit of lock on.

There have been a couple of software updates that have sorted out small problems with drivability.

It is miles better ban the Geartronic box as the Geartronic was never considered that reliable and fuel consumption is not good.

You get 45mpg out of a Powershift diesel Galaxy with 70% urban use, note I worked afternoons into the night so less traffic would improve mpg.

The older box would give less than 35mpg.

Note that if it is your vehicle you are likely to drive it with more care than any AddLee driver.

I think if you maintain the PS box correctly and don't try to be a touting car driver using it hard in manual mode you will get long life from it.

The first Powershift Galaxy's are now well past the 100k mark with no problems other than the slight judder I mentioned.

Ford actually use the AddLee motors for R&D to see how various parts work under harsh conditions.

I think you can guess I vote for Powershift.

What happens in Germany is of little consequence to the UK market if I am honest.

Different driving conditions in most circumstances.
v50inred is offline   Reply With Quote