View Single Post
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 16:58   #102
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishandgerman View Post
Blimey! I just rewound to page 1 of this thread to compare the finished project to what the old car was like before all your hard work. Wow!

I overtook that there grey Amazon Estate on a transporter truck on the M6 last Thursday and guessed it was destined for the show. I showed a thumbs up from my approx 50 years newer version V70. The driver of the truck looked bemused!

I see that is the Volvo Enthusiasts Club stand which my mate who went reported was a million times better than the VOC stand. But that's how it was the last time I went which was about 4 years ago..
Thank you swedishandgerman i promised the past owner it would be back on the road in full glory and i was true to my word she held her own very well sat alongside some bobby dazzlers had a LOT of attention at the N.E.C and some keen amazon lovers came over to have a chat and if any are reading this thank you to them for chatting to me and giving the car a look !! had a busy week indeed but the car made it there drove into the show under its own steam although i had to transport it to the show ( sadly i need to do more work on the brake system to pass its M.O.T and some bodyshop final tweeks plus trim and rubber seals in key areas ) soon as i have those last few tasks done i can take it for a drive and see how she motors along .

i will get the photos off my phone shortly and post them plus some stand shots of both stands voc and the vec with images for all pv , 1800 and amazon lovers

but yes the car has come along long way from what it was - a ugly duckling 2 now 1 that outshines the average amazon but all could be like this again they just need some TLC and a few quid spent on them ok maybe a few quid and some more .... but well worth it in the end these cars are just such fun to own getting bucket loads of attention

photos soon ....

kind regards

robert

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 123GT-AMAZON For This Useful Post: