View Single Post
Old Feb 26th, 2018, 15:49   #11
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antz View Post
Brookhouse charges a fortune fro delivery. Just go into your local dealer and order some from the parts counter.

You'd be amazed what you can get from your local dealer. Where do you think Brookhouse gets it all from????
I routinely find a Volvo dealer cheaper than Brookhouse. I do use Brookhouse for items they have in stock and I want quickly withoout waiting for a back order/Classic Parts from Sweden. But one has to pay Brookhouse's not cheap delivery as Antz says. And the price for Brookhouse is often more than from a dealer.

And I recall that Angie's air mass meter from Brookhouse which gave her trouble and had to be replaced cost a fair bit more than my Volvo air mass meter from a dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytoba View Post
Thanks for the pointer however local dealers are hit and miss, clearly yours works well, mine sticks strictly to the 15 year policy thus making it the worst main dealer for miles losing shed loads of classic owners and local garages alike (its also a Ford and Jaguar dealer).

I stopped using them about 8 years ago when they decided to start this rubbish I was in the queue with three XK140 owners that day, they'd came all the way from Oban to order parts they where seriously miffed but at least they got there cars out for a wee run..

This is why I end up having to use Skandix a lot off the time as luck would have it I normally need what Brookhouse has just sold out of, sods law I guess.

Scott
You have an interesting local dealer. I have encountered some interesting ones too. BUT. I get first class service, prompt delivery and good prices by post and DPD from FRF Volvo dealers parts department at Swansea.

01792 790066 or 01792 784272 - Quoting discount code: C3 so they know it is an "online order" and you get their best price.

They really are more than worth a try.

P.S. With FRF giving really good service and prices, and with other dealers becoming as poor as you describe, we owe it to ourselves to buy from FRF and any similarly good dealers - so they stay in business to serve us well. Some of the stuff they can get for us is not available from third party suppliers.

Last edited by Stephen Edwin; Feb 26th, 2018 at 16:24.
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen Edwin For This Useful Post: