View Single Post
Old Jan 24th, 2020, 23:27   #164
blueosprey90
Master Member

Good Grief! Has it been this long since I last posted?

I think I solved the weather striping issue that prevented the doors - well, the driver's door - from closing. I completely cut off the short inner leg of the weather strip. I think it will work, but the door is still on my temporary work bench and hasn't been re-fitted.

I've been procrastinating on my door card for the driver's door.

I ordered up some 1/8" ABS plastic for the door cards. Since the plastic is opaque, forming the door card was tricky - especially since the original door card was in rough shape. But I overcame those issues and have the holes for the arm rest and the handles in relatively proper order.

Initially I was going to just screw the door card onto the door. But I've hesitated and am trying to use the Volvo panel fasteners - Part 95290, Fastener door panel PV/Duett 51-/Amazon/P1800 at VP Auto Parts.

These fit into a blind hole. In other words, the hole in the door is offset from the hole in the panel, by maybe 1/8" to 3/16".

I made a tool to allow me to more or less locate the holes in the panel with the blind hole in the door. But there are 24 of these and setting each panel fastener in exactly the right location looks very tricky.

I don't know if I should align all of these up before attaching foam and material or try to install them on the panel after the foam and material are in place. For foam, I was going to use 1/4" Hushmat which has that very, very sticky backing.

Does anyone know what the factory sequence of installation might have been?
blueosprey90 is offline   Reply With Quote