Thread: Brakes: - Abs?
View Single Post
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 02:09   #12
minesa240x3
loyalty

Thumbs up

Hi mike as usual you give brilliant advice and in an easily understandable way.
quite agree with what you say and of course i will change brake fluid as i intend to replace flexible pipes all round as well as other perishable parts,the way i look at it is that if these original parts have lasted this long then by using original parts again should see the car last another thirteen years,i never cut corners when it comes to safety so the whole braking system will be as new.thank you very much for your reply,amazing how many people dont realise that brake fluid deteriates with use(age)
just a little side story:my mate used to work for j.d barclay in oxford on RollsRoyce,one customer came in with smoke pouring off all four wheels,he had completely melted the brakes and anything near them!!when asked what had happened his reply was that:just after leaving london the brake pedal went almost to the floor so when it felt hard again he thought he had better KEEP HIS FOOT slightly on the pedal just to be safe,almost blew the tyres out.all in all a very expensive repair bill.
keep up the good work.
very slight up and down of pedal when brakes cold(warped discs)no fade when hot.

Last edited by minesa240x3; Jan 28th, 2007 at 02:15.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote