View Single Post
Old Feb 1st, 2016, 14:11   #15
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
I am not biased and sell both, I am just honest with the pros and cons exactly as I was with you when you ordered tour Coilovers from me.
I understand that, I just wondered what your reasoning was behind the statement that coilovers are for track use only or extreme lowering.

I don't deny I bought my coilovers from you. Having come from lowering springs and shocks, they didn't do what I wanted which was in reality more of a competition focussed suspension package that gave me the freedom of setting the ride height how I want. We spoke at the time about it and I confirmed I wasn't just one of "those people" wanting coilovers because the internet said it was a good idea. I knew what I wanted based on my intentions.

I was merely stating that coilovers can be used on daily drivers and many people do. Myself included. My BMW E36 sits on the cheapest crappest set of FK Automotive coilovers I could find (£150 new for all 4 corners) and 2 years later they are still working fine. Sure they aren't as comfortable as lowering springs but I've found that lowering spring comfort varies between brands anyway. Buy crap like G-Max and you may as well fit a piece of scaffolding to your strut because they are rock solid whereas decent brands like H&R offer the lowering and handling improvement but still retain an extremely comfortable ride that's only a fraction stiffer than stock.

How do your suspension kits that go lower than 40mm cope with the steering angle being thrown out Dai? Been meaning to ask you about it for a while out of curiosity. I need to do something about mine because of the coilovers but I was always under the assumption that any more than 40mm lowering and the optimum angle is greatly affected.

Swap a T5 motor into your RWD Volvo:The Guide
Antz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Antz For This Useful Post: