View Single Post
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 15:00   #16
Nuisance
VOC Member

The result was very quick, but something just didn't feel right from the start. The car felt as if it wanted to do more, and occasionally hinted at what it could do.
When it was cold it was blindingly fast, but sort of weakened off when it warmed up.

I do wonder about this engine now, and will probably get it changed. It feels OK, but without seeing inside it I can't tell what damage may have occured.

The ME7 is indeed a very good bit of kit. When I got this car it had it's wastegate stuck shut, but the ECU managed to protect it.

There is much controversy and confusion over what map Chris had and the tuner seems to be keeping it that way. VT have insisted that they mapped Chris's to 12:1 but cannot deny that mine was in excess of 14.7:1 I can't call it, other than to say why do two virtually identical setups, one at 12:1 and another at 14.7:1 I smell a rat!

The diference with the MTE map is blinding. the car is spot on. There are other things that need sorting now, I'm just glad all that is behind me. I've lost a few grand in the process, but theres no point crying over spilt milk.

To summarize:
It is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.

To summarize the summary:
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

To summarize the summary of the summary:
People are a problem.
Nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote