Thread: Gearbox service
View Single Post
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 23:24   #10
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonefishblues View Post
Didn't the/an E European guy publish a video plus bottles which of the 5 (IIRC) changes he did, showing the change in colour. It's out there somewhere

ETA
Yep, he did, and it is

https://youtu.be/EAb9p8Wph-M
I've watched that video before. It seems though that he's pouring litres upon litres of fluid into the transmission, cycling through the gears for a short while & then draining the fluid again... this doesn't allow the fluid to mix properly.

I'm not critizing the video, as its very clear & well put together. I suppose I'm offering my opinion, or it may be considered constructive criticism.

The chap in the video isn't bringing the car for a long drive in between the drain & fills. Even if he didn't go for a long drive on the day he drained the fluid for the first time, he could have done a few hundred miles over a period of time before draining it again & then repeated the process with a few hundred miles in between each drain/fill until the fluid was clean.

Pouring fluid into the transmission, cycling through the gears whilst the car is still on axle stands & draining it after a few minutes seems pointless to me.

Last edited by Kev0607; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 23:44.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote