YorkshireDave
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNP View Post
Flippin'eck I'm a lightweight...
Looks like I am too and I'm 65 in May

Vauxhall Victor 101 Estate 1973 ish £17
Motorbikes
Reliant Robin - flared the rear arches and put huge rear tyres on. Over 60 the front end lifted off the ground and you could spin the steering wheel. !st time I did it I didn't line teh wheel up properly when it came down and nearly rolled it - got a huge b0ll0cking from 'mi bird' after I'd changed the trousers
Motorbikes
Morris Minor
Morris Minor (ex rally)
Morris Minor Had three on the street at once. Two were really donor cars so I'd cut bits out/off and braze em in in the pouring rain with the welder out in in too. Elf & safety would've died
MGB (1973 vintage with chrome bumpers)
Motorbikes
Volkswagen Beetle (first company car)
Austin Princess (co car)
Mk 4 Ford Cortina
Volvo 245GLT
Rover 214 (co car)
Ford Sierra (co car)
Saab 93 (co car)
Vauxhall Omega (lease)
Audi A4 Avant (lease)
Isuzu Trooper 3.1
Isuzu Trooper 3.1
Isuzu Trooper 3.1
Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L V8 - £100 a week in fuel!
Audi A4 Avant
Volvo V70
Volvo XC90

Miss the Troopers most as the memories of the kids standing on the rails holding on for dear life while we drove across byways, across beaches and through surf are still talked about with real animation and love by them. Used to kid them the tide was on its way in and we were all going to drown

The original Audi did 1000 miles every other weekend, it never missed a beat and used a thimble of diesel. The V70 is just built like the proverbial outhouse and like a well crafted and worn old armchair. Getting in and driving 300 miles felt like going to the corner shop and it handled pretty well for the barge it is
Hoping the XC90 will be the same but better for a knackered old back

all cars everywhere are a perpetual work in progress...
YorkshireDave is offline   Reply With Quote