View Single Post
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 18:02   #1
cc41

Default Close to ordering an XC60: are options worth it?

I'm getting close to ordering an XC60, and would appreciate some non-salesman input on whether some of the options are worth the money ....

(1) SatNav (or, to be more precise, RTI Navigation System with RDS-TMC and Europe DVD map). I already have a basic TomTom, so the questions are, how does it compare in ease of use and does the "live traffic information" work sufficiently well to justify the cost? And does the live traffic information work in Europe? And do I need to pay any sort of subscription fee - for either the live information or updated maps? And lastly, if I don't get it, do they still fit the screen anyway?

(2) The PCC/Heartbeat sensor, keyless drive?

(3) Adaptive cruise control/Blind spot information system/lane departure warning.

I like the car a lot and enjoyed the test drive. My long-term love of heated, power-adjusted, leather seats and parking assistance means that I'll probably go for the SE Lux version. But is the new-fangled gadgetry worth the cash, or is it a set of electronics that will either go wrong (and cost a fortune to replace) or that I'll find too fiddly and difficult to use?

All input welcome!
cc41 is offline   Reply With Quote