View Single Post
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 18:39   #2
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc41 View Post
I'm getting close to ordering an XC60, and would appreciate some non-salesman input on whether some of the options are worth the money ....

(1) SatNav (or, to be more precise, RTI Navigation System with RDS-TMC and Europe DVD map). I already have a basic TomTom, so the questions are, how does it compare in ease of use and does the "live traffic information" work sufficiently well to justify the cost? And does the live traffic information work in Europe? And do I need to pay any sort of subscription fee - for either the live information or updated maps? And lastly, if I don't get it, do they still fit the screen anyway?

(2) The PCC/Heartbeat sensor, keyless drive?

(3) Adaptive cruise control/Blind spot information system/lane departure warning.

I like the car a lot and enjoyed the test drive. My long-term love of heated, power-adjusted, leather seats and parking assistance means that I'll probably go for the SE Lux version. But is the new-fangled gadgetry worth the cash, or is it a set of electronics that will either go wrong (and cost a fortune to replace) or that I'll find too fiddly and difficult to use?

All input welcome!
(1) The RTI comes with 4 DVD Discs. The DVD unit is under the boot floor. Depending where you intend to travel in Europe, it would involve removing everything to change the disc.
The RTI system, although expensive is certainly handy and instead of (3), you might like to consider the Reversing Camera. Road Traffic information throughout Europe and the UK is free, but map updates have to be paid for.

(2) If you are going for the SE Lux, the PCC/Heartbeat, keyless drive are included.

(3) Your choice. Prefer the Reversing Camera.

Hope this helps.

tem.

Last edited by tem; Jan 11th, 2009 at 18:42. Reason: adjusting text
tem is offline   Reply With Quote