View Single Post
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 19:16   #5
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC60Owner View Post
I've just got an SE Lux as I wanted the leather, electric and heated seats etc. - it worked out cheaper than an S or SE and then adding on what I want. Plus I got loads of other stuff in the SE Lux package as well. Personally I don't see the point of getting an XC60 without the driver support pack as the XC60 is all about gadgetry and electronic safety which is what the pack contains. I am wondering if when it comes to resale people will expect this pack on the car as well - although it was an easier choice for me as it was only £399 as an early order offer. I have yet to try the ACC but am looking forward to trying and the blind spot warning is useful(-ish), not so sure about LDW but without these you don't get the driver monitoring (can't remember the name - thing that tells you when you are driving badly and need to take a break) which I think is good.

I couldn't see the point of the heartbeat sensor and keyless drive myself and don't think it would have added anything to my car.

I have also carried on using my TomTom, car sat navs see crazily overpriced to me and I read somewhere the volvo one isn't that great. Plus harder to upgrade etc... The only thing you lose is the flashy screen in the dash but you get a small storage space instead. I worried it would look a bit rubbish without the screen but it looks fine.

Other cool stuff, sun roof is v. good. Running boards look good and mean people that open their doors into your car hit them first and not the car! (happened on day one - was v. pleased I had the boards). I got laminated glass for security and the water repellent side windows work a treat! Rubber boot mat is good when you have kids - and the family pack is essential for children. Rear armrest is very cool - has cup holders and tray and is leather lined. I would say front park assist is also worth the extra as it is so hard to judge where the front of the car actually is!

We kept finding the types to be under pressure in our old car so went for TPMS - hopefully it will pay for itself in time.
From experiance with BMW's, Merc's and Volvo's, the salesman goes completely blind when you come to trade. They are not interested (no matter what car magazines say) in giving you more for all the added extras.
These extras are your choice, for you to enjoy and at a later date, someone else gets the benifit. Fact of life.
I am a sucker for extras, but I am old enough to know, that I will not gain any financial return for them.

Better buying the basic model (Model T Ford, in black).

tem.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tem For This Useful Post: