View Single Post
Old Aug 8th, 2022, 10:43   #12
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360beast View Post
E10 is meant to be compatible but we are seeing a few posts about issues running on it, mine runs on it but I can tell it is much happier on 99 octane, yes water in the tank can also cause this issue. Dave (Laird Scooby) will be along shortly I'm sure to tell you what ratio of meths etc to use in the tank to clear it out if you don't fancy losing your fuel for it to potentially not be the fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volvulus View Post
Thank you, that’s helpful.
Dave warned me when I bought the Bosch leads they don’t last like the proper jobs.
It needs an aircraft style poppet valve under the tank where a nozzle on a bottle is pushed in the valve. Water drains test. Done in a daily inspection. Maybe all cars will have it eventually.
Wishful thinking. Stupid boy pike.
Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940volvoman View Post
360 beast

No, I wasn't agreeing that water in the fuel tank might be the problem, but I cant imagine it would do any good.

Sorry for the misunderstanding I may have caused,Im gobsmacked that there may be water in the fuel,hence the "water in the fuel lines?" surprise

Shaun
For some reason, the forum won't let me post my longer reply, go to Toolstation and buy 2L of meths and add it to ~1/4 tank (no more than 1/4) of fuel, drive until it's nearly empty then fill up with Super unleaded/E5 and don't use E10 again as it has a higher water content.

https://www.toolstation.com/methylated-spirit/p99550

Hopefully this post works!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: