View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2018, 12:05   #10
craigv60
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novicemechanic View Post
Hi, I'm having exactly the same problems with my v60 d4 (2013) the fault code points towards the egr valve but I'm reluctant to replace it as it costs so much and have heard lots of stories of the p140700 fault code relating to other components.
Where is the DPF pressure sensor located? I may try and replace this before messing with the egr.
The DPF pressure sensors are between the engine and the bulkhead, above the exhaust & DPF. Quite hard to get at, and can only really be tested by swapping for a known good one.

The other sensor that can give problems related to this fault code is the boost pressure sensor, which is on the intercooler outlet hose, down at the bottom of the engine bay on the passenger side (easy to get at).

My own experience is, even the main dealers cannot be 100% certain which sensor / sensors have failed, because the fault codes do NOT directly indicate what has failed.

When my own 2011 V60 with the same engine as yours was under warranty, it took three visits to the dealer and a completely unnecessary change of EGR valve before they found the problem was actually just a duff sensor.
craigv60 is offline   Reply With Quote