View Single Post
Old Sep 14th, 2018, 09:32   #37
NorthantsPete

The saga continues....

So I started with £25 of BP Ultimate from a station i found was cheapest in the area. I did 200 miles of bliss - loads of torque, autobox didnt bother shifting down to get power as there was more low end torque and it sounded sweet as a nut really smooth!

I thought "this is the solution!" so I filled up with £45 of BP ultimate from the same petrol station (still cheapest at 1.42)

The car is now driving like crap! Clattery, limp mode within 5 mins of motorway cruising with the cruise control on. NExt day, same thing, today same, switch off at macdonalds, turn on and dont cruise but rev.. its a bit disgruntled to begin with but eventually opens up more and more until power restored20 miles later (of leaving triptronic in gear, revving 3k+ and leaving it in 5th ont he motorway.

So, i dont know what to think. either its cleanign stuff up and needs an italian tuneup as a result or something else like it doesnt like premium fuel

Ill stick with it, same bp stuff for a month and report back - next month is shell Vpower
NorthantsPete is offline   Reply With Quote