View Single Post
Old Dec 30th, 2009, 18:33   #1
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Default Weak Headlights - Contact Volvo

After 18 months of driving a Volvo, and going through my second winter, I have been getting increasingly frustrated at the weak power of my dipped headlights. I do quite a bit of rural, unlit driving and decent lights are both a basic requirement and also vital. I have tried swapping to more powerful bulbs and raised the levels of the beam but to no avail.

I have started threads previously on this and joined in the many other threads that others have started. There seem to be many people who feel equally let down by Volvo on this issue (one of the reason I bought a Volvo was for its safety record and I am sure I am not alone).

Whilst being trapped by the ice in Northumberland yesterday I decided to actually email Volvo on this subject (I know it can't change my car but maybe if they get enough complaints then they will look closer at the lights in future) I received a very pleasant reply from a lady who expressed surprise at my email and advised that Volvo were not aware of any problem with their dipped headlights. THIS I DO NOT BELIEVE. Had she said "sorry we know about this and steps have been taken for future models" I could have lived with this but to express surprise, I don't think so. So........ if you are also fed up with this please email: custcare@volvocars.com

I feel this is a real problem and if Volvo refuse to read this forum then we need to make them aware of this issue. By sheer weight of numbers we may make Volvo sit up and take notice.

Last edited by admin; Jan 4th, 2010 at 18:46. Reason: Removed direct email address to Volvo staff member.
Harvey1512 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Harvey1512 For This Useful Post: