Thread: Decision time
View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2019, 22:18   #1
Dippydog
Premier Member

Default Decision time

Since retirement last year my mileage-although not high even before that-dropped to less than 5,000mls per year.So did I really need 2 cars? Obviously not,so then what to do?The Omega[owned for over 8yrs]carries the burden of sentimentality[it was the last car I and my late partner went anywhere in together]while the V70 is the always scruffy but ever faithful mongrel with the sad eyes.Much debate/argument with myself and the decision was made...….I'd buy a 3rd car Next question then is what?A trawl of E-bay,Gumtree and the like for inspiration followed and there it was! Screaming out of the computer screen at me "BUY ME"!!!!! So I have todat travelled down to Surrey to do just that.Others may have seen it advertised also it's a 1995[M] 960 3L auto saloon.19 stamps+P.D.I. in the service book all belts/tensioners and water pump changed last October,it tipped over 122,000mls on the drive home.It never missed a beat on the journey stuck in traffic on M25 near Heathrow or cruising with the best of the moderns on the M1,supreme comfort and near silent,beautiful Built in booster seat in rear armrest,privacy blind for rear window etc. For those interested I'll try and get some pictures up at some point.Faults? Yes[it is 24yrs old after all]the door cards are wrinkled-I believe a common problem on these?-the front bumper paint shows battle scars and for some reason a recurring problem with the horn sounding for no apparent reason??but that's it as far as I've been able to tell and in fairness the seller had spoken to me about these issues before I agreed to set off to look at/buy it.All in all well chuffed especially at what I think is the bargain price of £695
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dippydog For This Useful Post: