View Single Post
Old Mar 5th, 2021, 18:28   #1
clarkey1984
Premier Member

Default Sarge failed the MoT, but only just.

So today the T4, aka sargeant silver went in for the MoT, and i was probably more confident than I've ever been with any car of it passing, and then it didn't.

I went all through the underside on wednesday, and as part of that i cleaned, primed, painted and greased all the brake pipes, as all of them had light surface rust, but evidently i missed one as that was the first failure point.

The second one was parking brake efficiency less than 50%, which i thought odd, as i sorted all the brakes, including releasing a sticky caliper and a new set of pads only a couple of weeks ago, however the lady at the garage phoned me to explain.

It's important to note that i only pop the handbrake on a couple of clicks, just enough to hold, but presumably a handbrake lever travel test is part of the MoT, as the guy pulled it and bang, the handbrake cable broke.

Annoying, but if it snapped just by applying it properly then it was only a matter of time anyway, all in all that's not a bad result for a car edging up on twenty years old i didn't think.

Work have kindly provided me with a van, so until the middle of next week when they can fit the work in, i have the luxury of a very tired vauxhall movano.