View Single Post
Old Jul 16th, 2019, 15:03   #6
Phil Russell

Default Update after dealer visit

The car went to our main dealer (Marshall Volvo Cambridge) this morning for the 'diagnostic'. I asked when I handed the keys over if a plug in diagnostic, which is what I expected, could really diagnose geartronic issues. The answer was a guarded 'yes' but continued with the fact that the 'diagnostic' was supported by technician observations etc.
A phone call a few hours later: no issues found with the gearbox but the technician thought there may have been an issue with the forward pointing radar that is fitted to the car as part of the 'support pack' that detects things in front and may have blipped the brakes at that specific speed. So a complete computer reset operation was carried out and the technician told me that they had tested all systems and all were working as expected, including a test drive around their on site test track (part of the aerodrome). They could not replicate the fault after doing the update.
So I collected the car .. nothing to pay. Tested on way home and it seems Ok, maybe a tad more sprightly if anything but then we are not 'burn rubber' drivers.
So quite happy with the outcome ... we will see how it goes.
Cheers, Phil
Phil Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil Russell For This Useful Post: