View Single Post
Old Nov 17th, 2018, 10:16   #31
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laney760 View Post
Hi to All

Thread resurrection

My headlights are now so dim I must get around to buying a pair of LED lamps for fitting this autumn/winter

Most of the links in this thread no longer work

Can somebody link me to LED H4's to fit my 940 please?

Many thanks
Here you are Laney :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H4-LED-He...s/283245299598

Ignore the Land Rover bit, the bulb doesn't know what car it's being fited to.

Had them in one car about 4 years now (they were nearly twice the price then), had them in my 760 for about 2 years (halogens in it would barely have passed the MoT because the reflectors were tarnished so no beam pattern) and still have a great beam pattern and can see where i'm going still with no further tarnishing of the reflectors.
The Volvo has passed 3 MoT tests now with them in, the other car has passed 4 MoTs with no problems so they live a lot longer than filament bulbs which blacken and the output is reduced.

They're not cheap but when you consider the local police round my neck of the woods have to replace Nightbreakers every 2 months either because they fail or the light output is reduced, arguably they have lasted at least 24 times as long so think about the cost of 24 sets of Nightbreakers!

Tom, you can use the same bulbs in yours, check the reflectors still reflect, the connectors on the back of the headlamp bulbs and as long as the rest of your system basically works, these should make life a lot brighter as they only pull 40% of the power so won't heat contacts in switches and relays up so much.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: