View Single Post
Old Jul 30th, 2020, 08:24   #9
Volvoaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyS9 View Post
940s to 1995 would prime every time, but later ones prime only after about 10s off time, so it does vary between computers.

How have you determined fuel is not getting to the engine or out of the tank? And why are you getting a fuel pump relay if you are getting priming?
a) Fuel is not getting to the engine or out of the tank because with the fuel hose disconnected at the main fuel pump inlet, there is no fuel coming from the tank (the hose is dry, there is no fuel dribbling or squirting out of the hose, hence not getting up to the engine). The tank has fuel in it (as mentioned in my first post)

b) I don't have to get a fuel pump relay, I already have a spare one. The main fuel pump is whirring (like it is priming, but the main pump has no fuel to prime, because the fuel is not getting out of the tank)

As mentioned in an earlier post, we set up an independent fuel supply (jerry can on the roof, gravity fed down to the inlet connection on the main fuel pump). Fuel is not moving out of the jerry can supply, the pump is not drawing it out. Also mentioned in my first post, I replaced the in-tank pump with one that tested OK on multi-meter

Will double check the 2nd hand fuel pump we fitted (or reinstall the one that came off, which I have since tested with a 12v battery and seems to run OK)

Last edited by Volvoaus; Jul 30th, 2020 at 09:30.
Volvoaus is offline   Reply With Quote