View Single Post
Old Jul 4th, 2020, 11:37   #14
Model flyer
Master Member

If you go for the manual , have you added in the cost of a new dual mass flywheel to the clutch change. Not just a clutch but the whole kit and caboodle. Having said that my V70 2007/8 model had 146k on it when I sold it . Still on original clutch and still working fine. My advice would be that if you find another wise nice car with ? Over the clutch and not priced accordingly ,walk away . Similarly auto boxes with high miles that have not had fluid changed can be a problem .
Listen for any creeking from rear suspension. This is likely to be rear trailing arm from bushes and will set you back about £300 at a garage. Listen for slight knocking from front suspension when driving over slight road undulations . This will undoubtedly be front shocks and top mounts. I replaced my own at a cost of around £250.
The good thing about Volvo is that their servicing has been computerised for some years so any servicing can easily be checked. Timing and auxiliary belts are crucial.

Previous Volvos 740 GLE . V40 CD ,V70 2.4 SE LPT.V70 D5 P2. V70 D5 Se Lux P3. Current Jaguar XF Sportbrake but still like Volvos
Model flyer is offline   Reply With Quote