View Single Post
Old Jan 23rd, 2021, 13:13   #1
supasimpa

Angry Car Won't start - DTSC Temp. Off / Shift to Park / Depress B

Volvo V40 Late 2013 (63 plate) D2 1.6d XC

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum although been lurking for years. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions or come across the following before?

My Wife was doing a 3 point turn, and before doing the first reverse, the car locked and wouldn't move. When I arrive, the immobiliser seemed to be on and the gear stick wouldn't move at all. I just the override (or reset) at the back of floating console, and got the gear into neutral to be able to push it to the side to let others past.

From there, it seemed like nothing could be done. So we towed it back to the house and I've been trying various things.

Essentially, when I turn it on, it was coming up immobiliser on, DTSC temp. off, DTSC service required, shift gear to park. Since then I've replaced the fob key, drained the battery, then trickle charged and started again. The immobiliser warning is not coming up now, but the others still are. Also there seems to be a small humming coming from the engine.

I've stripped the gear box assembly, and all the connections seem ok and you can see it working mechanically using the reset and changing gears. I wonder if it could be the solenoid or the position sensor in the box. I've ordered another gear box, for parts to see.

But this would not explain the DTSC warnings. I've seen that there is an issue sometimes with the fuses causing this type of issue, but has all of them out and can't see anything wrong.

A bit desperate as made bloody redundant and scared that if I put it into a garage, they'll charge an arm and leg just do trying to find the fault......Anyone got any suggestions?

Many thanks!
Supa
supasimpa is offline   Reply With Quote