Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2021, 07:19   #208
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
That's precisely what i thought - either a genuine bidder but not willing to go any higher but always seemed to be just that bit ahead of the game on the bids. Most of the time is understandable but always?

Could also be a shill bidder (one of the sellers friends who has already built good feedback legitimately) who knows the reserve and has deliberately placed bids to just below the reserve so the next bid increment takes the car past the reserve and on sale.

For example, if the reserve is £1850, the next bid increment (£50 at that price) would take the price to £1857 so would be sold then.

I still suspect the reserve to be nearer £3k based on the original Buy It Now price. Maybe it will appear with a lower reerve or maybe even no reserve
That could well be Dave.

We discussed the reserve price previously Dave - I thought it might (sensibly) have been something like £1500, but perhaps you are right. If the seller really has set it at around £3000 it will still be for sale this time next year. We may well see it advertised again, I'll keep an eye open for it.

I notice this one has come up again, I recall it selling a few months ago (but I can't remember the price it went for):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STUNNING-...53.m1438.l2649

... it is undoubtedly a good car, but a low spec model and not in a nice colour, but £11,000?

Alan