View Single Post
Old Nov 12th, 2018, 22:47   #21
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB-UK View Post
Can't you say "Stop Guidance" to pause it?
Can it in fact be paused?
Can you then say "Resume Guidance"?

These commands would not intentionally clear the intinerary, but suspend the sat-nav for a time, for example when going through an already well-known part of the route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveh1000 View Post
Anyone said “fan on” ? Then says “fan off” when confirming. Hours of endless fun
Just ask it for "Help". Literally. She's very obliging. A list will appear on the dash and you can either repeat the words, the selection number, or scroll to your choice and press the button to select.

Once you know what the phrase is for what you want to do, then from then on say it directly. I just cannot see why seemingly intelligent and articulate people cannot get a grip on something so simple. I don't use it for everything but am using it for more and more adjustments the more I drive the car. I've recently set my car to start with the seat and steering heat to come on at the middle setting when the car is started and then use voice control to adjust them or. most often to switch them off. To change from DAB to FM. To set internal temperature and adjust one different to the other. To phone. To set navigation destination and to cancel it.

It does work and work well. Welsh names is its downfall when it comes to phoning, but there is the option of using the steering buttons and list in the dash for most used or return calls. There are almost always alternative controls for what you wish to do which are more distracting than using voice. For this reason I do wish that the Stop-Start function could be voice controlled.

Last edited by Quacker; Nov 12th, 2018 at 22:57.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quacker For This Useful Post: