View Single Post
Old Dec 26th, 2020, 20:11   #4
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 264Driver View Post
Thanks for reply.
Any ht leads suppliers in the UK?
It's a 76' 264 with regular coil springs all round from my understanding. Are you talking about some sort of air suspension?
There might be some HT lead suppliers in the UK but finding them is going to be tricky. Also the cost is likely to be higher for the same thing, even if you do find a UK supplier and that's including the exchange rate fee, Customs fees (if over £15 for the parts) and S&H as the Americans call P&P (Shipping and Handling) so you wouldn't gain anything really.

The springs may appear to be regular coil springs but check the rear dampers. You will know if you have Nivos as they are chunkier with a bellows on one end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_Sachs#Nivomat

That gives a basic description towards the bottom of the page, originally Boge Nivomats, they were fitted to many cars including (but not limited to) Rolls-Royce, Rover (SD1 and 800 series), Volvo 7/900 and possibly 200 series.

However i'm a firm believer Nivos don't work, even their original literature said when loaded it would restore the ride height to within 30mm of normal after a short distance (or words very similar) which to my mind is NOT self-leveling.

You mention air suspension, that would be another option, you could set/adjust your ride height as needed then. I have a link bookmarked to a UK company (Air Ride UK i think it was) but the link now goes to a Chinese web domain reseller!

You could do a search for air suspension if that's what might work for you but i drew blanks just now.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: