Thread: Head casket.
View Single Post
Old Mar 11th, 2019, 12:10   #7
Katyboo9

Default Help

With the below, this seems quite common. Has anyone gone ahead with head gasket replacement along with thermostat, pump, etc? Has this 100% solved the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigellaw9 View Post
Hi and thanks for reading this thread. I am the owner of a V40 D2 r design that I bought when it was about eighteen months old from a Volvo dealership. The car is five and half years old and done 37,00 miles. About two weeks ago the engine level coolant light came on saying the level was low, I topped it up and all was fine. I last Friday that the heater was blowing cold but no warning lights were on. On using the car on Saturday again the heater was not working and then I got a warning saying engine temperature to high stop. I stopped immediately and allowed the engine to cool, I then continued my short journey home with warnings to reduce speed. My local garage looked at the car (mistake) and said they couldn't find any leaks and suggested it go to dealer. My local dealer has said that the systems is over pressurising and that the head casket needs to be replaced at a cost of £1,500.
Volvo goodwill application made by dealer has been rejected. It seems strange to me that a car of this age with such low mileage should require this sort of repair.
I would be grateful for any advice regarding my options or views from other users. Thanks.
Katyboo9 is offline   Reply With Quote