View Single Post
Old Apr 24th, 2019, 13:19   #69
volvo_pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
You agree that there are some positive threads but they are outweighed by negative ones and that lpg can be unreliable?

Fair enough.
I think that people usually express their views when they have a negative experience, but it is much rarer that people go to the effort of praising something.

Anyway, on the whole LPG being bad debate I think an analogy is necessary. Imagine you buy your volvo from a reputable dealer and it goes on and on - you think volvo is a great car. Now imagine you bout your volvo from some clowns and it keeps breaking down and all you have is trouble - you think volvo is rubbish and you swear never to buy one again. Same with LPG, get a professional conversion and you will not even know it is converted, get a clown and there will be no end of troubles. The issue here is actually finding someone who is genuinely competent with LPG, and that can be very difficult.
I am biased as I have always had LPG, but that is my experience (I have had both good and bad conversions). However, the fault does not lie with LPG, but rather with the installer.
volvo_pete is offline   Reply With Quote