View Single Post
Old Mar 10th, 2019, 21:08   #1
Trugga

Default XC60 D5 (2014) R-DESIGN LUX NAV AWD 2.4 5dr

Yesterday I collected the above, having part exchanged it for a XC90 2.4 AWD SE (2008 on 130k miles).

241A9000-Edit by Lawrence Fowler, on Flickr

With only 54k miles, it is in fantastic condition and has a few extra toys such as rear parking sensors, bi-xenon lights and a power tail gate.

Having collected the car, I drove ½mile down the road to fill up with diesel, then park in an Asda carpark (with a Costa coffee) to play, sorry adjust, many of the settings. At first this seems a little daunting, but it soon becomes quite intuiative.

Although I had my Tomtom with me, I entered my post code into the satnav - that was easier than I thought it would be (having read the online manuals for the past few days). Suffice to say it direct me home with no worries.

I do miss the current speed limit indication in the navigation display, but once I'd worked out what the noise was, at least the speed camera locations indicate their speed.

241A9032-Edit by Lawrence Fowler, on Flickr

Went for a drive in the dark last night - was'nt overly impressed with the "bendy lights", but did appreciate the side looking lights.

Went for a drive up to the Long Myndd today (an hour each way) - lovely to drive once you get used to the steering .

Had a bit of a problem when I got close to home; a squeeling noise from the front - looks like the brake pad mount is rubbing on the disk (which are slightly worn) - I'll see if I can get them replaced at the garage opposite work tomorrow.

241A9039-Edit by Lawrence Fowler, on Flickr

Managed to download a satnave update and then start to install it into the car - that might take a while, but I hope it will give me access to the Car ID system so I can send map destinationd to the car from my PC/Phone.

I really do like this car, and boy, has it got some umph

Lawrence

XC60 D5 R-DESIGN LUX NAV AWD 2.4 5dr
1994 Vauxhall Frontera Sport 2.0i Soft Top (Competition)

Last edited by Trugga; Mar 10th, 2019 at 21:17.
Trugga is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trugga For This Useful Post: