View Single Post
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 12:54   #24
TheLeeds

Can you get the garage to try a known good fuel pump relay and see if it fixes the problem ?
I couldn't swear to it, but I think those relays are two relays in one. One half works the fuel pump, the other bit powers the injectors. It may be intermittently failing, which is a common fault, especially considering those relays are in a warn, confined space inside the dash, they're powered up all the time the engine is running, and even the newest of the 940s are over 20 years old now.
For a DIY mechanic or electrician, they're easy enough to check. Just remove the cover and check for dry solder joints with a magnifying glass. If you find any, resolder them. Most of the ones I've checked have been faulty.

As for possible immobiliser faults, my M reg 2.0 hpt has the earlier system, with the red LED thing on the drivers side windscreen pillar. When they fail, the engine usually won't even spin on the starter, and it'll sound a single tone siren and flash the hazard lights.