View Single Post
Old Mar 23rd, 2018, 09:19   #27
mocambique-amazone
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBB View Post
If this garage dose not own a good Scan tool and a Pico scope then walk away, they are fitters and not diagnostic technicians. Working with the info provided:
Plugs are wet, suggesting pump is priming the fuel rail and the injectors are pulsing.

Spark at the plugs are present.

Compression is good.

Cam and crank timing appears to be correct.

There is one fault I have come across before with the 940 and 700 series and that is the bottom crank pulley key way can erode/shear and the pulley moves. This gives the appearance that the engine timing is correct but the valve timing will out. Remove lower pulley and inspect keyway!

This could be checked in 5 minutes with an oscilloscope and pressure transducer.
And this has no relation to his problem. The vibration damper is prone to throw out the rubber and twist the inner and the outer part. If you look at the marks you will think timing is of. Till now I've seen never ever a shared key and a moved pulley while everything is fixed on a Volvo B2xx engine. If the center screw isn't fixed maybe. I did disassembke a lot of B2xx and I havn't seen a shared key till now. A twisted vibration damper I did find sevetal times. Don't trust the marks.

The LH2.4 is really simple. The pinc ECU ones are a prob. Everything else is very easy to do a diagnose.

Good luck, Kay
mocambique-amazone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mocambique-amazone For This Useful Post: