View Single Post
Old Nov 4th, 2016, 00:47   #6
c_lee
VOC26332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphin238 View Post
I assume you don't get your car serviced at a Volvo dealership? Otherwise your car would be covered by Volvo Assistance.
Did you check Adrian Flux? There breakdown cover appears attractively priced (https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/breakdown/).
You are correct, my car is not serviced at a Volvo dealership.

I service it myself, and as the majority of my mileage each year is towing, I do 5,000 mile oil and filter changes and do a 3.5 litre ATF sump dump every other oil change - IE: every 10,000 miles.
Those are in addition to the other service schedule requirements.
My SRI indicator is set to 5,000 miles.

As I stated in my original post, it appears ADAC are used by many vintage car drivers attending rallies etc. on the continent and their cars are likely to be much older than mine.

As I understand it their health cover, unless a serious condition develops, is more restrictive, and that then medical repatriation is given.
ADAC have their own air ambulances according to their website.

I'm quite capable mechanically regarding the car but there can be unexpected serious breakdowns that no-one could predict despite regular servicing.
I carry diagnostic capabilities with me.

Then of course serious health cover is essential and many everyday breakdown policies don't include that on year long breakdown policies that can be called on homeland OR abroad.

My current UK cover is with Britania Rescue and been with them for years.

It's a pity that they don't have an English section to their website - though I have seen an English translation.

A friend of mine who tours abroad for about 3 months in a motor-home each year has taken out ADAC for this year for the first time.

Colin

Last edited by c_lee; Nov 4th, 2016 at 01:04.
c_lee is offline   Reply With Quote