Thread: 960 Radio
View Single Post
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 21:50   #9
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casheye View Post
Somewhere in here I'm guessing.

I mean the ones i want to listen to! Besides, putting them in that lot won't contribute to the amount of methane gas produced and will make them hard to find!

You see some of us do still use CDs and cassettes and don't listen to the constant stream of drivel and the latest pop "hits" (I'm sure "hits" is an anagram of the word it really should be! ) and as such, want at least a CD player, preferably a CD changer with a head unit that plays cassettes as well as the radio.

Also i don't want a plethora of USB leads floating round the car just to be able to listen to something and i daresay plenty of others feel the same, or at least similar. It's bad enough we're going to be forced to either change the head units for DAB compatible units or add a DAB adaptor with an FM transmitter built in thanks to the imminent change to DAB from analogue.

I've got my solution in the shape of a a radio-cassette head unit and 6 disc changer (i just need to find the interconnection lead) and i'll add one of those "universal DAB tuners with FM transmitter" hiding the wiring behind the dash.

That won't help everyone else though that still wants to listen to the radio after DAB becomes mandatory although this report in the Daily Fail suggests the DAB/DAB+ switchover may never happen :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-given-FM.html

Round my neck of the woods, even FM is patchy, i can only imagine how bad DAB or DAB+ is!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: