Thread: 960 Radio
View Single Post
Old Jan 10th, 2018, 08:23   #10
Casheye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
I mean the ones i want to listen to! Besides, putting them in that lot won't contribute to the amount of methane gas produced and will make them hard to find!
What kind of tapes are you listening to that make you seemingly lose control of your faculties? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
You see some of us do still use CDs and cassettes and don't listen to the constant stream of drivel and the latest pop "hits" (I'm sure "hits" is an anagram of the word it really should be! ) and as such, want at least a CD player, preferably a CD changer with a head unit that plays cassettes as well as the radio.

Also i don't want a plethora of USB leads floating round the car just to be able to listen to something and i daresay plenty of others feel the same, or at least similar. It's bad enough we're going to be forced to either change the head units for DAB compatible units or add a DAB adaptor with an FM transmitter built in thanks to the imminent change to DAB from analogue.
I get it, I've invested fairly substantially in Hi-Fi and I enjoy the act of picking a record, inspecting it for cleanliness and lowering a needle into the grooves and listening to a pop/crackle free album (because I keep a clean collection) but, I've also used Spotify from near enough it's inception and it provides me with all my old-timey music I like to listen to. In fact, there stuff on music streaming services that you would never hear otherwise, simply because newly found or remastered recordings don't often get issued on tape. I can be listening to a song in my house, get into my 27 year old car, turn the stereo on and continue listening while I drive. Simples. Oh and all completely lead free.

For what the OP is asking for though, THIS is the adapter I think they need. And at under a fiver, it's worth a punt anyway.

Last edited by Casheye; Jan 10th, 2018 at 08:25.
Casheye is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Casheye For This Useful Post: