View Single Post
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 20:55   #26
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deman77 View Post
Not sure where that figurefor T8 comes from. This looks more like a track day type mpg for that car.
T8 people have been reporting low 30s on long runs without charging for t8 like Europe trips etc. Don’t forget that soft hybrids lend themselves to hypermiling techniques much more than diesels. So if you really wanted to you can get more out of it.
I've been following Kris Rifa from Norway on Youtube and his consumption with his T8. Driving 'normally' on nice roads he manages around 32mpg on his T8, while I get between 42 and 44mpg on similar journeys.

Driven fast from mid-Wales to Edinburgh and back, averaging 80mph for hundreds of miles but having to be diverted to Manchester and back due to the M6 being closed on a stormy night last Autumn, I still averaged within a tenth of a mpg of 40.
Driving at that sort of pace, Kris gets around 12l/100kms which is under 24mpg. That's over 15mpg worse than I get on a similar fast long mixed motorway and rural A road trip.
On any journey of at least 30 miles in traffic, I seldom get less than 38mpg on stupidly awkward/bendy/undulating West Wales roads.

That's the true difference, whether people like it or not.

Out of interest and for comparison, my wife took my CR-V automatic to Cardiff and back the other day and averaged 49.9 mpg over just over 200 miles in four hours ten minutes total driving time, three on board. The XC90 does the same journey with me at the helm, usually in four hours exactly, at just over 40mpg

Last edited by Quacker; Sep 5th, 2018 at 21:27.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quacker For This Useful Post: