View Single Post
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 21:44   #30
Haldex
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDProFF View Post
I do not understand how some people cannot accept some facts, I can understand there is a lot of crap said on the internet, but I am sure some of you can actually decipher what is fairly reliable, and what is crap.
Your numbers, for example, seem reasonable- a 100km (61.2 mi) trip, averaging 6.5l/100 km (43mpg) + 11kWh of electricity.. it goes along the basic laws of pysics.. 60mpg is bollocks- and being and engineer- I can decipher that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDProFF
Quite frankly, I bet far more wish they have got a T8 than anything else.
Bahahah.. Now that’s a typical hybrid (and EV..) owners’ snobbism.. Let’s not turn itinto a stupid argument- that’s what swedespeed is for

For starters- unlike most T8 owners- I actually own my car Buying a car is not like buying a drink in a bar.. at least not for me.. you don’t just ask for whatever comes first to your mind.. There’s a thought process involved. I configured my car from scratch (and have never bought off-the-lot vehicle in my life..), so before I signed my name on the p/o I knew exactly what I wanted. The decision was based on extensive research (tests, comparisons, forums, etc) and back-to-back test drives (I actually tested T6, T8, and D5 in both XC60 and XC90, before I made my mind..). I narrowed it down to T8 and D5- for their power/performance- but in the end I opted for the diesel- for several reasons mentioned above (I require proper AWD, I ride my bike in the city most of the time- so my volvo mostly serves for long-distance, extra urban driving..), but also out of fear of the overly complex hybrid drivetrain, overclocked (turbo+s/c) petrol 4-pot, and volvo’s lack of experience with this new technology. I’ll allow it a few years- most of the bugs with PHEVs will be gone by then, and with the anti-diesel hysteria- my next car just might be a hybrid But for now- you can keep your T8
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote