View Single Post
Old Oct 27th, 2018, 09:20   #4
Austin160
Master Member

For what it is worth, I would most certainly agree with the opinions so far. This is just not a cost-is-King job, but a buy once and wisely. My advice would be - just don't go down that route, but pay a bit extra and go down the path of main dealer parts only. Discounts were available at FRF Swansea ( mail order). Was the code C (something)?

Volvo belts available on auction sites? Possible that these are aged stock and may already older than the recommended time interval to change?

If their price is not attractive to you , then the only aftermarket belt kit I would use would be Gates, but I would not use their water-pump-inclusive kit, since I have no idea of where they source their pumps. I think opinion on here will point you to having the (original) pump inspected on dismantling and only change it if there is anything suspect about it. They are generally long lived, and likely to outlast any other aftermarket pump. If you are set on changing the pump then personally it would be main dealer unit only - no exceptions.
Austin160 is offline   Reply With Quote