Thread: Considering S90
View Single Post
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 08:15   #1
pinheadplanet

Default Considering S90

Hi All,

I am considering buying an S90 but unfortunately the model/colour scheme I want is only available at a Car Supermarket and those places don't have the best reputation really.

I took the car for a test drive and everything was fine until I got up to 70 mph when the car started juddering/shaking through the steering wheel. It got worse the faster you went.

Is this just a case of wheel balancing or could it be indicative of something worse?

I know the car comes with 3 months warranty but the store is over 100 miles from where I live and having to take it back would be a complete nightmare, plus there's always the chance of them saying something like maybe I hit the kerb and caused the damage!

My fear comes from the fact that it's a 16 plate car with 2 owners, yet the last owner took ownership at the end of April 2019 so that means they're selling it on after only 11 weeks or so. It could just be the case they didn't like it/it was too big etc etc but it makes me wary.

It seems it was a lease car before as it has Paragon Lease Solutions as the PDI & a BCA Lease Solutions stamp in the service book. I'm guessing it was a Directors car as it has a huge spec (over £12k of extras) and it had a private plate. It only has 10k miles on it.

On the basis of "It's a car, it can be fixed, it's under warranty" do I go ahead?
Thanks
Kelv
pinheadplanet is offline   Reply With Quote