Thread: Wet footwell
View Single Post
Old Aug 12th, 2018, 17:15   #1
karlB

Default Wet footwell

Good am / pm which ever you are.

So this afternoon I got into the car to find the footwell 1/2" deep in water so I looked on the obvious ( youtube ) to see how to fix the problem, so I then went back out to the car armed with a drain hole prodder i.e. one of her knitting needles and a bottle of water, opened sunroof to look for the drain holes which I eventually found, I could see that there was some muck build up around both the holes so gave them a prod with the knitting needle and managed to get it down the holes but not that far maybe 3" or 75mm if you like metric, so next was to try and see if I had unblocked anything, I doubted it, and I was right the water stayed where I had poured it, so action No2, passenger door pillar off, I could tell the previous had had it off but anyway, dirty brown looking rubber tube looking at me so I gave a good stare back to see if the tube had come out of the lower connection down by the dashboard, hard to see if you don't have good lighting, anyway the joint was fine, so this pointed to it being a blockage, so action No3, I had seen on the tube some had cut the dirty brown rubber tube and put a joint into it to get to the blockage by means of blowing it free, at this point I dont have the luxury of have any new tube to splice it with, so I looked for a top joint, I couldn't get my hand up past the headlining to see If it was accessible, next move I pulled the rubber that secures the headlining and door pillar a bit further back which allowed the headlining to be moved down enough to get my hand up and feel the joint at the sunroof part, it was very easy now I could get a hand to it, so a little pull on the dirty brown rubber tube and it came off ok but I did get wet with the water I had earlier poured into the sunroof, and quick shuffle away from it was needed, so now I had the upper end of the tube in my hand, quick wipe of the end and a blow down it told me it was blocked up but a sharp blow of lung power soon cleared it, happy days, shoved the tube back on the top fixing and clipped it back into place, bit of head lining pushed back and the pillar on and rubber door seal pushed back on, I was confident this time that the water test would flow down and away as it should and it did, took me just 5 munites to do the other side, hope this will be helpful to anyone in the wet footwell situation.

Last edited by karlB; Aug 12th, 2018 at 17:22.
karlB is offline   Reply With Quote